Friday, March 30, 2012

Violet's Story



So, in case you don't know, Violet is my four year old daughter. This is her story. She can't read yet but can decipher some basic words and knows her alphabet, etc. I told her to tell me a story and this is what we ended up with.
"Once upon a time there was a princess named Vanilla and her mom didn't let her go out any of the time. And she didn't let her mother go out because she didn't want to go out because she wouldn't, because she wouldn't because she wouldn't. Blah blah blah. And then the prince came and she had a furry coat and she had a list about it. Most of all she loved her bunny. Hop hop hop went the bunny. Hop hop hop she helped her bunny. Hop hop hop hop hop with her lovely penny and her little woof woof named Allay. Allay and bunny went to the store because they wanted to sweep and they sweeped the computer and they sweeped the wall because most of all she loved her bunny, she loved her bunny. The queen loved the animals and she tried to keep her away from the bunny and her bear Sandy with a pink bunny and a white bunny with a broom she wouldn't go without a bloom bloom wash. Tada the end of that one. Now it's time for the next one. Because she has a bow doesn't mean she was a boy. I made myself homemade handcuffs today out of this today. I just did and then I had a little time and then it was really hard getting it off. (Singing) Balupadupadup. I don't know what to do. She didn't know what to do. I am singing the song for her because she didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to do because she's lost, because she's almost new because she's eating fruit every day. I don't know what to do. She didn't know because I didn't know. She had a floppy coat that was pink and black and she had nice soft shoes on and a nice soft Hoseypillow. And she didn't know her name, she couldn't write her name. (Begins to strum the guitar and sing now) She would be a bad bad bunny because end of story but we still have part of the story left. If you ever liked a tomato, if you don't like to talk to tomatoes, then you don't like to talk to me, and if you like to talk to me, then you don't like to talk to me. It's fine if you don't. I don't know who did it for awhile. The End. I will tell you more of the story. Hopping leaping for awhile. You don't know what the frog is. It's a Wooluf. A Wooluf is a wolf that doesn't scratch or doesn't bite, but most of all, doesn't bite. And her name is Vanilla. Va-uh-nil-uh. That is what it says? If you don't have this list, then you don't know what it is. (Guitarring again) And I don't know what to do, I love books and you do too."

So this is completely unedited. I just wrote what she said/sang. Actually turned out kind of cool (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment